Advertisement

I had to make my own version of Yankee Doodle for my college history class

I had to make my own version of Yankee Doodle for my college history class If you haven't read Alan Taylor's "American Revolutions," this may not make sense. If you have read "American Revolutions," this still may not make sense.

The lyrics:
(Verse 1)
In seventeen seventy-nine,
John Paul Jones was very small.
Off the coast of Yorkshire,
He proceeded to win it all.

(Chorus)
This chapter is called "Oceans."
Oh, don't you forget that.
Before you start commotions,
Remember it's not in B-flat.

(Verse 2)
The War is now in the West Indies.
Spain, France, and Britain fight.
Slaves are starving everywhere.
It's all a huge and grand plight.

(Chorus)

(Verse 3)
Then there was Sir George Rodney.
In early seventeen eighty-one,
He sacked St. Eustatius. 
Then left under a summer sun.

(Chorus)

(Verse 4)
At the battle of Yorktown,
Cornwallis was defeated.
Clinton sailed too late from N'York,
And the British later retreated. 

(Chorus)

(Verse 5)
The war in the U.S. was complete.
Rodney came back to the fight.
He beat Admiral de Grasse,
And the Empire was all right.

(Chorus)

(Verse 6)
Talks of peace began to start,
But all wanted America to be small.
Jay and Adams made their deals,
And America had a ball.

(Chorus)

(Verse 7)
Spain and France got little land.
But they helped the United States.
Britain kept her India,
Along with the Gibraltar Strait.

(Chorus)

I had to make my own version of Yankee Doodle for my college history class,Niknamew,Yankee Doodle,Yankee Doodle Trombone,Trombone music,American Revolution Songs,

Post a Comment

0 Comments