Advertisement

Tango Intention: How To Keep A Connected Embrace Throughout The Dance

Tango Intention: How To Keep A Connected Embrace Throughout The Dance Tango dancer,

what comes to mind when you hear the phrase “Tango is all about connection… not about the steps”?

Looking back, I can see when the shift happened in my own dancing.

When I decided that I would focus on connection and being in the flow with my partner and chose *not* to be constantly thinking and second-guessing myself when I was dancing.

I know you think I’m going to tell you that it’s all about your technique, but the truth is, this came later…

The very first thing that helped me feel much more comfortable and conncted when I was dancing was understanding where my intention was.

Once I had that, I could confidently communicate with my partners, understand them, and feel that our tango was like a conversation.

Why am I telling you this?

Because, my friend, it’s very easy to lose that “intention” when we are dancing.

Even if you’ve been dancing for years, we want to remind you to keep focusing on it when you are dancing.

If you want to understand what it means to keep your intention, and where in the dance you are most likely to lose it, we’ve got exactly what you need.

Check out this week’s video on How To Keep A Connected Embrace Throughout The Dance.

We’re sharing the moment in tango where we see most dancers lose the connection, and what to do about it.

It’s a short video, but you’ll be glad you’ve watched it.

Full disclosure: we’ve made this mistake countless times in our dancing when starting out, so if it is something you are currently doing, don’t beat yourself up please!

Ready to watch? Click on the link below to access the video

Abrazo,

Pablo & Anne

Dance

Post a Comment

0 Comments