Advertisement

Reworking a Cold Wax Oil Painting | Changing From Dark to Bright

Reworking a Cold Wax Oil Painting | Changing From Dark to Bright You might have seen my video last week where I created a cold wax and oil painting. It was rather dark and a tad muddy, so now that it is 90% dry, I decided to give it a facelift! I am taking it from dull and dark to bright and cheery. I hope you will watch and see the finished cold wax and oil painting at the end. I added texture, embossing, and lots of mark making. I even gave it some bright spots of soft chalk pastels. So fun! I really love it now!


To receive exclusive content that I don't share on YouTube, become a Patron of my channel:


Some of the supplies I used today are listed in my Amazon Affiliate listings. I receive a small compensation if you order using my links. It really helps me replenish my supplies so I can continue producing free videos for you! It costs you nothing extra to order via my links. You can find all my most-used and best-loved supplies here:

Or here:


If you would like to support my channel and help replenish art supplies for these free videos, my tip jar is here:


If you haven’t already, please subscribe so you don’t miss more good ideas that I share regularly for mixed media, art journaling, collage, canvas art, watercolor and acrylic painting, and more. And since I am really trying to grow this channel, I would appreciate it so much!

Join me on social media, too:
Facebook:
Instagram:
Pinterest:
My web site:
My Blog

#sallyvannuys,#mixedmedia,#artjournaling

mixed media,upcycled art,painting,art journal process,art journaling,intuitive art,acrylic painting,art journal,art techniques,mixed media process,mixed media tutorial,Sally Van Nuys Mixed Media Artist,intuitive painting,cold wax and oil paint,art tips and tricks,artist tips,refreshing an old painting,changing a painting from dark to bright,adding layers to a cold wax painting,uplifting a cold wax and oil painting,cold wax painting on art board,

Post a Comment

0 Comments